




So, I'm engaged, crazy isn't it? I don't even think I realize what that means yet. In a matter of two short months my life has changed completely. Alicia was married yesterday afternoon (Feb 7th) in the Mesa Arizona Temple. I rode down to the Temple with Diana and the rest of Alicia's bridesmaids. We waited outside until the wedding party came out to meet us. Adam introduced me to the rest of his extended family and they all had many questions for me. They even had me be in the family picture. We headed out to the luncheon around 1:30. I remember seeing a bag from the jewelers on the seat but thought nothing of it. We at Panda Express at the luncheon, yum. As we were introduced at the luncheon I laughed to myself at being labeled "Adam's dear friend". No one seemed to know what to call me. I mean after all we had pretty much set a date and determined we were getting married. I snuck out of the luncheon early to try on a wedding dress one last time with my Dad, Mom, Jackie and Kristyn there to watch. It was decided...this was the dress. It made me feel like a princess and I couldn't help but sway from side to side and spin around once or twice. My dad bought me the dress as well as a tiara and jewelry. I met up with Adam at his apartment/house where we took a quick power nap. At about 5 pm we headed over to the church to take pictures and set up. We sat around and enjoyed each other's company, ate ice cream, and visited with people as they came. My parents and Jackie ended up coming to meet Adam's parents and support the family, besides Adam invited them to come. We sat against the wall and talked for awhile. As the time came to throw the bouquet Adam began to talk me into catching it. I refused stating I hate catching the bouquet and besides I'm not single. He was beginning to be quite adamant about it and at one point I sarcastically retorted, "yes, sir!" My dad even began to coax me. I couldn't see what the big deal was. My sister even said she would go up there with me (highly uncharacteristic of her). Finally, my mom said, "it would probably mean a lot to their family if you went up there." Not wanting to make anyone mad, I grudgingly went up to catch the bouquet; planning to let someone else catch it and not even try. Jackie and I met up with the group of girls and they pushed me to the front. I thought they were just trying to be funny having me get up there since I was obviously the next to get married. I tried to get into the back but there were too many girls working against me. Alicia made her way up to throw the bouquet and stood uncomfortably close to me. "Hey there close" I exclaimed thinking that to throw the bouquet she needed to be further from us. She raised her arms to throw the flowers, but instead turned around and handed them to me! "Ha ha," I thought, "let's just be funny and hand them to Jessica since she's next." I thought everyone just wanted to be funny, until...I turned to my right and there, down on his knee was Adam with a ring. "now that you have that (the bouquet) will you marry me?" I managed to squeak out "of course!" and pulled him up for a hug and a kiss. Then seeing the ring sparkle said, "put it on my finger!" It did sparkle. Everyone cheered and took pictures. It was only later I realized how attentive the audience had been for the bouquet toss...very odd. Apparently everyone at the reception knew about the plan except for me. I was clueless as always. I was completely surprised and was shaking all over when the moment came. It was amazing. The evening proceeded with many congratulations and pictures, phone calls to friends (Kristyn). It was splendid. I couldn't ask for a better fiance or a better proposal.
No comments:
Post a Comment