



























I couldn't fall asleep the night before the wedding. Things were spinning through my head about what the next day would hold. Working up to this point I thought I would be filled with sadness, like in Father of the Bride, upon sleeping in my home and in my bed for the last night. I was wrong. I was more excited about what the future held. I woke up early the next morning around 7 am and took a shower...cleaning every piece of me except my hair. I put my makeup on and headed to the salon. Hillary Wiscombe was scheduled to do my hair around 8 and she was running late. I was worried, but luckily she showed up. She did my hair and it was beautiful! I hurried home in just enough time to get the final touches together and head to the Temple with my parents. I changed in the Bridal Room for pictures. My mo helped me get ready. I was excited to finally be able to wear my beautiful princess gown. With my hair up and tiara on I believe I did look like a princess. Cari Kimball dropped off my bouquet and it was gorgeous, filled with roses all shades of pink. Adam came walking up to the Temple steps where we were waiting and he looked very handsome. His expression was one of shock and bewilderment. Finally, he came to and hugged me telling me how beautiful I looked. I couldn't believe I was really standing there in my wedding gown, with my husband to be by my side. The day I had dreamed of since I was a little girl had actually arrived. We spent the next hour taking pictures and having a wonderful time with each other. We laughed and kissed, enjoying the attention and pampering. Adam carried my dress for me as we walked around the Temple and was very sweet. He is always thinking of me and making sure that I am happy and comfortable. I truly lucked out marrying such a gentleman. After pictures, we made our way back into the Temple. Adam and I sat in the waiting room together until we were escorted to records where our new information was added to the records of the church. Then I was escorted once more to the bridal room where my mother helped me prepare to be sealed in the Temple. I waited for a phone call that said Adam was ready. When that phone call came butterflies filled my stomach as I left my mother's side and was brought to a small sealing room where Adam awaited with another groom. We sat hand in hand and admired the joy of this moment and the beauty of the room. The sealer entered the room and talked to us for a brief time about our lives, the choices we were making, and the love we shared. He gave us a short outline of how the ceremony would be performed and what we were expected to do. He then escorted us to the sealing room where all of our friends and family were waiting. All I could see were smiles of support and love. It was all a blur because of the overwhelming excitement I felt. We sat in a love seat first while the sealer talked with us and gave us pieces of advice. I remember he told us to love each other and tell each other every day. He told us to pay an honest tithe. He told us to be "adamoholics" or "jessicaoholics" with one another and to always put each other first. He told us a few more pieces of advice, but I was kind of in la la land. We were then instructed to kneel across the altar from each other and there we were married for time and all eternity in the house of the Lord. Amazing. I had made it to this point...the point I had strived my entire life. I had met the man of my dreams and was now his wife forever. The ceremony was short but wonderful. We kissed across the altar when it was finished and it was official! Our first kiss as man and wife, king and queen. We exchanged rings at the end of the altar and were brought in front of the eternity mirrors where we were able to see ourselves journey on together throughout eternity. It was a wonderful sight. All those who had come to see us married filed by and hugged, kissed, and congratulated us...the newly married, and very in love. We hugged and kissed and couln't believe what had just happened...that was that and we were married! My mom accompanied me once more as we parted to change for the luncheon. I couldn't believe it had actually happened. Such a simple and sweet ceremony had bound us forever. I changed and found my HUSBAND! The three of us walked across the street to the church building where the luncheon was to be held.
No comments:
Post a Comment