
In for a second try. Same routine, hook up to many different machines, but this time I was promised I would leave with a baby! Waiting, waiting...not progressing past a three. Dr. Jarom entered and informed me that I was not progressing, and after an ultra sound confirmed the baby was going to be big (around 8 ob. 15 oz.) she suggested that I may want to try another route. She continued that if I tried that baby might just get stuck because he is big and if that happens they may need to break his shoulder...or worse. Upon this news I decided to opt for the c-section. Very nervous, but excited to meet my little bundle of joy.




My mom and Adam reassured me and they wheeled me back. It was a bit nerveracking, but at 11:53 pm on June 13th Benton Adam Cooley was born! He weighed in at 8 lb. 14 oz. and was 20 3/4 inches long. Healthy, beautiful boy. I got to kiss him before they wheeled him away, and stitched me up. It was a bit lonely being left alone in surgery, and recovery, but when I was finally reunited with my little boy, such joy. I was able to snuggle my little, sweet spirit sent from Heavenly Father. A glimpse of how He must love us so. Poor Benton was stuck so long that his nose was a little flattened, and his ear had no creases! Such an amazing experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment