We had a wonderful Christmas morning together. I woke up before the kids and anxiously awaited the morning to begin. After sneeking out to turn the tree lights on I checked on Benton, and upon seeing him stir, quickly jumped back into bed. I saw him walk past our bedroom and into the living room. I heard some squeals of excitement and footsteps tracing back to our bedroom. He came over and excitedly informed me that Santa had come and there was a bike for Emmie! We crept into the girls' room together and gently woke Emmie. Benton hurredly told her that Santa had come. A drowsy Emmie said "He left cookies!" I told her he ate his cookies, and left presents. Benton then exclaimed "you have a bike". She responded by saying it was the one she saw (they had found the bike still in the box the night before and were admiring it in our closet when I hurried them out assuring them it was just a picture). We all ran into the other room where Adam was taping our arrival. The kids were exstatic. They loved opening presents, and loved playing with each other's toys. While Mae did not clearing understand the opening of presents, she did enjoy playing with them after they had been opened. She especially enjoyed Emmie's Jesse doll, and basically anything to do with dolls. She was also excited about her new phone and purse.Emmie loved all of her princesses and Benton was thrilled to receive many lego items and a new Buzz Lightyear with a Woody and Bullseye. After lots of playing, we ate our traditional gingerbread waffles and got ready for the day. We headed over the Cooleys and enjoyed a delicous lunch and opened even more presents, stopped by Grandparent Cooleys and visited for awhile and then ate a second dinner at the Francois' and finally made it home after a fun-filled but exhausting day! Christmas truly is a magical time. We enjoyed being with our families and celebrating the birth of our Saviour and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Christmas Day
We had a wonderful Christmas morning together. I woke up before the kids and anxiously awaited the morning to begin. After sneeking out to turn the tree lights on I checked on Benton, and upon seeing him stir, quickly jumped back into bed. I saw him walk past our bedroom and into the living room. I heard some squeals of excitement and footsteps tracing back to our bedroom. He came over and excitedly informed me that Santa had come and there was a bike for Emmie! We crept into the girls' room together and gently woke Emmie. Benton hurredly told her that Santa had come. A drowsy Emmie said "He left cookies!" I told her he ate his cookies, and left presents. Benton then exclaimed "you have a bike". She responded by saying it was the one she saw (they had found the bike still in the box the night before and were admiring it in our closet when I hurried them out assuring them it was just a picture). We all ran into the other room where Adam was taping our arrival. The kids were exstatic. They loved opening presents, and loved playing with each other's toys. While Mae did not clearing understand the opening of presents, she did enjoy playing with them after they had been opened. She especially enjoyed Emmie's Jesse doll, and basically anything to do with dolls. She was also excited about her new phone and purse.Emmie loved all of her princesses and Benton was thrilled to receive many lego items and a new Buzz Lightyear with a Woody and Bullseye. After lots of playing, we ate our traditional gingerbread waffles and got ready for the day. We headed over the Cooleys and enjoyed a delicous lunch and opened even more presents, stopped by Grandparent Cooleys and visited for awhile and then ate a second dinner at the Francois' and finally made it home after a fun-filled but exhausting day! Christmas truly is a magical time. We enjoyed being with our families and celebrating the birth of our Saviour and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment