Sunday, March 31, 2013
Easter Sunday
Easter morning Benton looked through his basket before everyone was even awake, buy did it again for all of us to see. The kids were excited to be visited by the Easter Bunny! They spent the morning eating candy. We also did a lesson and talked about the real reason we celebrate Easter-Our Savior. We had a wonderful church meeting that really helped to bring the Spirit and center our thoughts on Christ. Afterwards, we headed to the Francois'. We had an Easter egg hunt and ate a delicious dinner. Lyndie didn't wait to continue finding eggs, after opening her first she sat to eat the candy and was done. The other kids quickly gathered as many as they could, and then ate all of the candy. It's always fun to experience these kinds of activities with the kids. I love to see their joy. I am so grateful for eternal families and for my Savior and His sacrifice that makes it possible. Early in the week we attended the Easter Pageant. The kids were enthralled for pretty much the entire presentation. Emmie kept leaning over and saying "is this real?" I reminded her that while these were actors, the story did happen. Such a special tradition to remember our Savior. I know He lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment