Thursday, August 22, 2013

Grocery Helpers

Yesterday we made the exhausting trip to the grocery store, four kids against me and a cart of food. Needless to say, 4 months pregnant, driving home I was completely spent. The thought crossed my mind to pray for someone to show up to help unload the groceries as I wasn't sure how I would do it myself. Then, being stubborn, I decided the time of others would be better spent doing other things and I could manage myself. Well, my prayer was answered anyway. My kids, who are pretty good helpers, but awful unloaders, were actually amazing! They didn't lay down and whine that they were tired, with little encouragement needed they worked hard , had added strength, and got the job done. I didn't realize that as an answer to prayer until that evening as we talked about answered prayers during scripture study. I had received a very real answer and blessing, even though it came nothing like I had intended or imagined. What a loving Father in Heaven, and what amazing kids!

No comments: