Monday, February 10, 2014

Gilbert Arizona Temple


We spent the afternoon touring the newest Temple in Arizona. It was a little warm, and the line was a little long, but what an experience! We were able to answer many questions for a couple that happened to be touring behind us. The kids thought it was beautiful. The large chandelier in the Celestial Room was breathtaking and the kids really enjoyed the baptismal font. Lyndie said she wanted to go swimming. I loved the beautiful windows and the overall peace that was felt. Mae kept trying to go ahead until a lovely couple offered to hold her hand. So she toured with another family in front of us. Outside the water feature was gorgeous, but not kid friendly, well if you want to keep them away that is. It would be great for boat races. I am so grateful that we will have our own Temple to attend, one that we saw built and dedicated, one that our youth will participate in celebrating. I am grateful for eternal families, and that my own family can be eternal because Adam and I were sealed in the Temple. I know that these buildings are sacred places where revelation can come and where Christ may dwell. They are His house on the earth, and how blessed we are to be permitted entrance!

No comments: