Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mae Lee Cooley






She's here! Mae was born Sunday morning at 9:22 am. She was 20 inches long and weighed 8 lbs. 4 oz. We had a schedule c-section so it was no surprise. Adam and I dropped the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa Francois' at 6:30 am and headed over to the hospital. It is all surreal when you basically just "go to the store" to get your baby!! I was admitted right away and hooked up to lots of monitors and then we waited. 9 am rolled around and I walked my way back to the Operating Room and got situated. After I was sufficiently numb, drapped and sterile and Adam joined me I realized how much I really hate surgery. Too late now! I just breathed deep and focused on the precious spirit soon to enter the world. I didn't have to wait long, it seemed as soon as they said they were starting they were telling me to buckle up for some pressure and pushing her down and out of my abdomen. Mae was born! They cleaned her up a little and Adam held her close for a few minutes of bonding before taking her to the nursery and stitching me up. She was able to meet the Francois crew who were waiting her arrival (including the soon to be newest member E.B.) We spent hours in Triage recovering and waiting for a room. Mae and I enjoyed our bonding time and I half slept while holding her close. Finally a room was ready and we made our way to the second floor. We spend the next two nights loving Mae and missing the other two kids, although Adam spent some time with them at my parent's home. We were released Tuesday evening at 5pm and took Mae to meet her big brother and sister. Emmie was definitely jealous at first and threw a binkie at Mae, followed by the booger sucker, followed by a stuck out tongue...but now she loves her so much and is always trying to help out and "touch her". Benton loved Mae right away and was very soft and gentle. He loves to hold her and laughs at everything she does. We spend some time watching her as she lay on the bed and Benton loved seeing her eyes open. We are so happy, tired, probably still in denial, but happy. We love being together as a family and are enjoying our precious bonding time. We have another beautiful baby to love and raise and thank our Heavenly Father for such a smooth operation/delivery.

10 comments:

Cindy and Ben said...

Congratulations! She's a cutie! Glad everything went well :)

Shannon said...

YIPPEE! so beautiful!

maelynn said...

I KNEW there was a reason you've been on my mind lately! (I sent you an email earlier today...)
She is beautiful!
Congratulations!

Niki said...

Precious! C-section babies are always so beautiful. And I love the name! Fits in great with the rest of the crew!

I'll have to have a talk with Emmie and tell her how blessed she is to have a sister...

Rachael said...

I'm so glad she's here! I got teary eyed looking at all the pictures. I'm so excited for your family. Mae is so pretty! I love her cheeks! Jessica, you look great in the pics. I'm so glad you made time to post pictures already. Congratulations!

G Gang said...

Congratulations Cooleys! She is beautiful.

Drew and Tarah said...

congrats!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! She is beautiful!!!!

jennaloha said...

I hadn't heard- Congrats. I lvoe her name, good job.

Terri said...

Yea! I'm so glad she's here and everything went well. She looks so cute!

Leslie said...

Oh she is so beautiful! Congrats on another darling Cooley!!

By the way who was your doctor? Just curious because I have to have a c-section and want to make sure I have a good doc this time around. :O) Leslie Wright