We went to the annual Easter Egg hunt here in Maricopa that is put on by one of the churches. It was held the Saturday before Easter at Pacana Park. It was free and fun, but a little warm! Benton and Emmie loved the bounce houses and the inflatable obstacle course...they waited in line a handful of times for each of these. They all enjoyed the Easter Egg hunt as well. They were able to go by age group and find eggs hiding in straw piles and then redeem them for candy. They also played a few small carnival games. We had a great time getting out and doing something together, but we were exhausted after! We came home and decorated our Easter Eggs. A bit messy, and Mae exploded at least one egg, maybe two and I think each of them ate an egg or half of one, but fun nonetheless! We also did our annual Easter lesson using plastic eggs and talking about the last week of the Savior's life and His Resurrection. I love celebrating this time of the year, it reminds me how grateful I should be for the blessing of Eternal Life, especially that I can life forever with my dear sweet family. What a blessing the gospel is and the peace this knowledge brings.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Easter
We went to the annual Easter Egg hunt here in Maricopa that is put on by one of the churches. It was held the Saturday before Easter at Pacana Park. It was free and fun, but a little warm! Benton and Emmie loved the bounce houses and the inflatable obstacle course...they waited in line a handful of times for each of these. They all enjoyed the Easter Egg hunt as well. They were able to go by age group and find eggs hiding in straw piles and then redeem them for candy. They also played a few small carnival games. We had a great time getting out and doing something together, but we were exhausted after! We came home and decorated our Easter Eggs. A bit messy, and Mae exploded at least one egg, maybe two and I think each of them ate an egg or half of one, but fun nonetheless! We also did our annual Easter lesson using plastic eggs and talking about the last week of the Savior's life and His Resurrection. I love celebrating this time of the year, it reminds me how grateful I should be for the blessing of Eternal Life, especially that I can life forever with my dear sweet family. What a blessing the gospel is and the peace this knowledge brings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment