Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's a Girl!











Lyndie June was born at 11:34 am on Saturday June 9th. She weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was 20 inches long! We are thrilled! Adam and I dropped the kids off at my parents house at about eight that morning and headed over to the hospital, walked in, and sat in the waiting room with anticipation ready to see who would be joining our family. They called us back and prepped me for surgery, iv, heart monitors, antibiotics...the works. Just before eleven I walked back to the OR with the nurse and Adam. I stopped to give the kids kisses as they waited by the nursery window. They were so excited! Every time I told someone this is my fourth, they were like "what!?" I was ready though! After they situated me and gave me the spinal, Adam came in and held my hand. Adam's blessing was fulfilled and I was not nervous at all, no shaking and just complete calm. Soon Dr. Partridge pulled out a head and we excitedly waited to see the rest. He pulled the baby out and exclaimed "It's a girl!" We were thrilled, but we didn't have a name! We quickly started to discuss which of the few names we had talked about would be the winner. It was between Addie, Lottie (Adam's choices) or Lyndie (my choice). We decided she looked like a Lyndie after all, and so she was named: Lyndie June after my great grandmother Lyndell and grandmother June. She was beautiful!! I thought she looked small, but after finding out she ranked right up with the others in weight I wasn't surprised. They stitched me up and informed me that my insides looked a little stretched, and was advised against having more children. I don't think I've quite processed that yet, I'm just so thrilled to have Lyndie right now, and my body back! They wheeled me to recovery where I passed the family who were ooohing and aahing over Lyndie. I got some more hugs and kisses from the kids and laid in recovery waiting to hold my little Lyndie Lou for the first time. The nurse brought her in and she was just a little angel. I have to mention also, the night before I could not sleep at all, my body was in pain. I think I got maybe four hours. I laid on the couch for awhile and watched tv. I also put in "Beastly" which we had received from Netflix. The movie was okay, pretty cute, but the amazing part was the girl in the movie was named Lindy! I told Adam it was a sign that we would be having a girl and her name would be Lyndie!! Amazing. I had a feeling it was a girl during the pregnancy, but continued to lean towards a boy because Benton wanted a brother so bad. I even had that feeling in the Temple and knew I couldn't ignore that inspiration! Benton was maybe a little disappointed, but he absolutely loves his baby girl. They are all in love with that sweetie. Mae tries to hold her all of the time and be her little mother. Emmie can't get enough kisses, and Benton loves to hold her little hands. We all feel so blessed to have her in our family and feel like, for now at least and maybe forever in this life, our family is complete!

No comments: