Saturday, June 14, 2014

Baptism

Benton made the decision to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was a very special day with family and friends. Benton, Emmie, and Mae sang "Baptism" song while Mommy accompanied. It was very sweet to hear their voices testify of baptism through song. It was beautiful. Pa Cooley and Pa Francois gave the talks on the baptism and the Holy Ghost. It was wonderful to hear their testimonies and to see Benton's enthusiasm as they spoke. He could feel the peace and joy that comes from the Spirit to testify of truth. I felt such joy seeing him immersed in the water and to watch that happiness as he emerged and felt clean and pure. A member of Christ's church. I know that Benton has made a righteous decision and I am so proud of him and his willingness to do what is right. He is such a good example to his siblings, and to me. He has pure faith, simple and sweet. He knows he is a son of God and that Jesus lived, atoned, and died for him. I too know this to be true. How thankful I am for this sweet boy.


Mae and Emmie performed in the recital that evening. They were amazing! It is fun to see their growth and improvement. It was a fun night seeing those two little hams up on the stage. I am proud of their hard work and commitment, and they are just so cute!



No comments: