Sunday, May 10, 2009

Birthday and Mother's Day





I was born on Mother's Day so this weekend usually means a holiday weekend for Jessica to celebrate both occasions. This year Adam and I also celebrated our five year anniversary (which is actually later in the month) on the same weekend as well. We left the kids at home with Aunt Jackie and spent a night up in Phoenix at the Pointe Hilton at Tapatio. It was so relaxing! I even did a minor amount of shopping and got a shirt and some maternity shorts for my birthday. We went out to eat Friday (my actual birthday) at a super nice restaurant at the hotel. I mean SUPER nice. Those pull your chair out, place your napkin on your lap, decorate your food, stand by to wait on you, four waiters per table, cleanse your pallet, food network kind of restaurants. It was delicious, expensive, but once in a lifetime experience. Well I hope it won't be once in a lifetime, maybe once every few years! We enjoyed our time together, and even got breakfast in bed! Jackie took great care of the kids and they were more sad to see her leave than when we left the night before-go figure! We spent Saturday night at the Cooley's for a double celebration and the same a the Francois' on Sunday. Overall a great weekend of family and fun!! I am so thankful for all of them...how lucky can a girl get, or rather how blessed.

3 comments:

Jonathon & Jaclyn Olmstead said...

Jess I enjoyed watching the kids for you guys! Feel free to leave them with me anytime. I'm so glad you had a great birthday/anniversary celebration. You deserve it!

Janine said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jess. I actually thought of you on the 8th. I think I will always remember your birthday. Sounds like you had a great time.

Kimby said...

I guess I didn't realize we were both born on Mother's Day. We are sooo special! Thanks for letting us hang with you guys and eat your cake!