Tuesday the Boys (my dad, Brandon and Adam) headed home to AZ after a few rides around town and some relaxation in the coolness before the fiery heat! Wednesday the girls, Brig, and Benton headed up to Magna to see Grandma and Grandpa Hardman. Grandma has pneumonia so we spent most of the time visiting...in between bouts of planting flower and chasing after two crazy kids! We had a great time seeing them. Val and Tyler were there to visit as well...and Michelle stopped by to say hi. Benton loved the dogs, but was a little cautious of the horse. He also thoroughly enjoyed the toy cars that he insisted on taking inside and out. He even had to find some dirt for the digger to have a turn playing. Emmie loved to run in the grass, help her Great Grandma with everything, and try to keep up with her brother. Thursday and Friday we took bike rides to the candy shop and Brambleberry Basket, walks up and down the streets of town, ATV rides up the canyon where Benton got his foot caught in a bridge (he wanted to stay on the ATV after that), a drive up Ephraim Canyon to see the wild flowers, a trip to the Snow Shack for Shakes and Lotsa Motsa for pizza, enjoyed the local Walmart, mom and I enjoyed a very special trip to the Manti Temple, and we stayed outdoors as much as possible. The weather was gorgeous...56 the morning we left. We had fun watching the pageant goers and seeing a normally quiet town see some excitement in the evenings. It was a very relaxing vacation and great to get away from the heat...a blistering 110 degrees upon our return home!!
Monday, June 29, 2009
Manti Part Three
Tuesday the Boys (my dad, Brandon and Adam) headed home to AZ after a few rides around town and some relaxation in the coolness before the fiery heat! Wednesday the girls, Brig, and Benton headed up to Magna to see Grandma and Grandpa Hardman. Grandma has pneumonia so we spent most of the time visiting...in between bouts of planting flower and chasing after two crazy kids! We had a great time seeing them. Val and Tyler were there to visit as well...and Michelle stopped by to say hi. Benton loved the dogs, but was a little cautious of the horse. He also thoroughly enjoyed the toy cars that he insisted on taking inside and out. He even had to find some dirt for the digger to have a turn playing. Emmie loved to run in the grass, help her Great Grandma with everything, and try to keep up with her brother. Thursday and Friday we took bike rides to the candy shop and Brambleberry Basket, walks up and down the streets of town, ATV rides up the canyon where Benton got his foot caught in a bridge (he wanted to stay on the ATV after that), a drive up Ephraim Canyon to see the wild flowers, a trip to the Snow Shack for Shakes and Lotsa Motsa for pizza, enjoyed the local Walmart, mom and I enjoyed a very special trip to the Manti Temple, and we stayed outdoors as much as possible. The weather was gorgeous...56 the morning we left. We had fun watching the pageant goers and seeing a normally quiet town see some excitement in the evenings. It was a very relaxing vacation and great to get away from the heat...a blistering 110 degrees upon our return home!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks like you guys are having fun! We are so sad we missed Benton's party... when are you guys coming back? Also, I have something I need to give you for your five year anniversary (a little late, I know)! :D
Looks like you guys had a great time! I love the quaint little town of Manti and i'm sure the weather was fabolous! Hope to see you guys soon:)
Hi there! Congrats on your upcoming addition! I can't believe how big your kids are getting- and so cute! You look great and I just wanted to let you know how much I treasured the time I got to spend on the Presidency with you- even if it was for a short while. I learned so much from your awesome example;)
Post a Comment