



June Marie VanRemortel Francois, my Grandma, passed away yesterday very suddenly. After being kissed goodbye by my Grandpa as he left to golf, she continued to make birthday cards and shortly sometime after passed away. He later found her, peaceful, but gone. That was my Grandma, she died while doing something to make others feel loved. My sweet Grandma was very special to me. I can recall many holidays and events as a child, driving to her house in Casa Grande. The red shag carpet my siblings and I played on is engraved in my mind. I remember the hugs that would permeate a sincere love through your body and loving well wishes followed by "I love yous". When I think of her, above all I think of love. She made me feel loved. My favorite memories of her are of her lovely singing. She loved to sing and perform with my Grandpa and other family members, or friends. She and I shared a love of big band music and the songs of past. I loved to watch her sing and see her face light up. She often would sit with me and ask about me and my family. She genuinely loved us and made me feel special. She emanated a proud glow for all of her children and grandchildren and great grand children. She left behind seven children; Karen, Tom, Cindy, Steve, Barbara, Brian (my dad) and Mary. What an amazing woman to raise such wonderful children. Although I know I will see her again I can't help but regret not visiting this last Christmas, not making room in a crazy schedule to stop by and tell her one last time that I love her, while we were still together on earth. I know she is welcomed and surrounded by those who love her who have passed on before. I know we will be together as an eternal family and find comfort in that knowledge. My little June Bug (as Grandpa calls her) will always be my very special Grandma, and I her Grand Daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment