Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Super Mae
All of my kids are fairly energetic, and prone to daredevil actions. Super Mae is no exception. They frequently jump from the top bunk of Benton's beds, and frequently are scolded against doing so. Mae had just been scolded for such, and decided to try it again. Leaping heroically from the top, she landed on a bed of soft blankets-or so she thought. Instead, she landed and began to cry. I, sadly thinking "I told you so", came in to comfort her, and when she would not get up, carried her to the couch. She complained for longer than usual, but didn't cry excessively. Thinking it was probably sprained, as there was no bruising or swelling, I let her rest. She had an appointment the following day for her 3 year well check anyway. After barely moving her leg the entire time the Dr. advised an x-ray. We awaited the results, which came Friday evening, only to discover she had a "Salter Harris 4 fracture of the Tibia". Not sure what that meant I was further advised to take her in for a splint at Urgent Care. She was a little nervous, but when "that boy" started wrapping her leg she giggled and gave him a dashing smile. What a girl. What a tough girl. She has been in the splint since then and gets a cast on Wednesday. At first she lay motionless on the couch, now she has evolved. She crawls, leg trailing behind her, around the house. She even managed to change into a dance costume today. Nothing will hold that girl back from beauty! I do miss that little "Chris Farley" run, arms bent way up, swinging away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment