Monday, December 12, 2011

Bearing Testimony


What a fabulous Sabbath Day! Adam was at Stake Meetings so I spent a hectic morning getting the kids ready, but we were early as usual. Sacrament meeting was pretty good, only had to take two crying kids out under arms twice. It was fast Sunday so I rushed up at the beginning with three girls to bear my testimony then sat down to try and listen. Awhile later Benton looked up at me and said. "Can I go up there?" I asked, "Well, what would you say?" Benton responded, "I know Jesus died on the cross for us." I'm thinking awesome! so I say "Sure!" He ran up there and climbed up the two steps to reach the microphone and began, "I want to bear my testimony. I know Jesus died on the cross. I know we will die and be resurrected. (pause) and that's all (as he starts to walk away he turns and says) amen!" and runs back to me. Everyone laughed, it was adorable. A true and simple testimony. I was so proud. We have barely practiced bearing testimony and here he did it all by himself! What a sweet boy.

No comments: