Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cuties

Lyndie is potting training, going on about 2 weeks now and she is accident free! She picked up on the concept so fast, and loves to go on the big potty. When she has to go #2 she holds her bum and exclaims "stinky"! Cute now, but we'll have to work on correct bathroom etiquette later.

On the way to school this morning Emmie asked what my name was when I was little, I told her it's always been Jessica and it always will be. She was a little surprised her name will always be Emmie. We talked about how last names can change, and hers would when she got married. Benton said, "if I have a girl that I really love and we get married, then I will not change my name...it will always be Cooley." He then explained how the girl would become a Cooley. Where are these kids getting this? They will never be old enough to get married!

Lyndie is talking up a storm these days. She loves to repeat new phrases or words she learns. A favorite "choca milk".

Mae is getting taller and looking more and more like a little lady "Malina" (Alina) cut her hair this week and she looks adorable. She still has those beautiful big brown eyes and cute little face. She is such a character and says the funniest things. In the middle of the night, while sleeping, she exclaimed, "Mommy, put jelly on my sandwich!" While discussing how to make bunny shadow puppets she said, "You use your tumbs to make the ears when you are making a shower." She loves to make up words, and frequently pronounces words incorrectly....love it.

We inherited the basketball hoop from my youth and the kids have been loving it, especially Benton. The first day Benton, Emmie and I went out in the afternoon while the girls were asleep. Benton got a little board and said, "Do you think we should put a sign up to get people to come and play basketball with us?" I explained that most people were either at school or work. He was making a few hoops and is improving each day. He really loves to shoot with his daddy.

Sure do love these kids more than anything! They are all so special and amazing in their own way. Little precious spirits, children of God.

No comments: