Saturday, November 23, 2013
O Christmas Tree
Late in the day we decided it just felt too much like winter (rainy and cold) and we needed to get our Christmas tree! It was sprinkling when we piled in the car and headed over to Fry's. We walked around the small Christmas tree lot and quickly picked the best one. I had to pay for it in the main store, where I also grabbed some egg nog...you can't decorate a tree without egg nog! By the time I left the store it was pouring! Adam parked right next to the lot and the men helped thrust the tree on top. The girls all waited in the car while Adam and Benton tied the tree down. Benton stood, umbrella in hand, holding the tie downs while Adam worked. I was just waiting for Benton to exclaim, "Fuuuuuuddddgge." The girls and I, cozily inside, listened to cheery Christmas tunes on the radio.We made it home, still raining, and unloaded the tree. The tree was nice and wet so we set it up on the back patio to dry while we ate dinner. After finally bringing the tree inside, and placing it in it's final resting spot, we realized half of the lights didn't work so we couldn't decorate it anyway! We still enjoyed sitting by the tree and plan to get more lights and decorate on Monday. We haven't had a real tree for years and we are thrilled to have this beautiful tree to smell and enjoy and to remind us of the birth of our dear Savior, Jesus Christ. A memorable start to a magical Christmas season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment