Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter




We had a wonderful Easter with Benton and Emmie. It was so much fun to have Benton particpate in the activities! We spent the Saturday before Easter at Grandpa and Grandma Cooley's where we had a fabulous Easter Egg hunt. They hid over 500 eggs for the grand and great grandchildren to find. Benton picked up eggs and threw them around at first until we showed him how to put them into his basket. He was hooked! He was even more excited to find they had candy hidden inside. We also decorated our own eggs at home that night. That was interesting...Benton broke all of the eggs and loved to mix and match by putting each egg in practically every cup. He dyed his hands, and had a blast! It was an event to remember. Next year I think we'll just color on the eggs with washable markers. We spent Easter Sunday at watching movies about Jesus, going to church, and then at the Francois home. We had a great time playing with a flying airplane the Easter Bunny brought Benton. He thought it was pretty cool and chased it all over the yard. We even got a great family picture taken so all in all a fabulous weekend!

3 comments:

Our Family said...

So cute, Jess. Your family is beautiful! We need to get together soon.

Anonymous said...

your little family is so cute! I cant believe your grandparents hid over 500 eggs. That's a serious Easter Egg hunt. Hope to see you guys soon and meet Emmie!

Sheena said...

Ok, so I think this is funny so I had to post it, so I hope you find it funny too. When I saw the picture of Benton with Adam dying eggs, I could have sworn he was wearing a halter top...LOL, obviously it isn't because who would do that, and after careful inspection I am confirming that it is in fact an apron! I am laughing out loud, cute pic though.