
We were able to visit the new Temple built in the Gila Valley on Friday. We went with Great Grandma and Grandpa Cooley, Grandma and Grandpa Cooley, Mark and his friend Ammah. We drove down in the afternoon and walked through about 3:45. It was beautiful! The kids enjoyed the short movie prior about those that settled the valley and about the importance of the Temple. They were so reverent as we walked through and really enjoyed the pictures Christ. The architecure, furniture, artwork, and hand cut carpeting were gorgeous! You could feel the sacredness of the place even though it has not yet been dedicated. I loved being in the Celestial room with my sweet children and felt of the peace knowing we are sealed for eternity. I am so grateful for that knowledge. Afterwards we ate at the local Hometown Buffet and headed back home to the Cooleys where Uncle Mark opened his mission call! He is headed to the Houston South mission, Spanish speaking. We are so excited for him!!! It was a long day, but filled with wonderful experiences. (minus the "up chuk-o-rama" where a man actually spewed all over the floor right behind our table...luckily I was oblivious to the event as I had three angels to tend to)
No comments:
Post a Comment